LACORS wishes to make it clear that when providing any advice or guidance:
• Legislation may change over time and the advice given is based on the information available at the time the guidance was produced. It is not necessarily comprehensive and is subject to revision in the light of further information. LACORS accepts no legal liability for the information contained on this website.
• Only the courts can interpret statutory legislation with any authority.
• This advice is not intended to be a definitive guide to, nor substitute for, the relevant law. Independent legal advice should be sought where appropriate.
• Sometimes advice or guidance will be linked to external sites over which LACORS has no control and for which LACORS accepts no responsibility.
• LACORS aims to keep any advice or guidance timely and accurate. If any inaccuracies or omissions are brought to LACORS’ attention we will try to deal with these as quickly as possible.
LACORS’ discussion groups
The discussion groups hosted on LACORS’ web site are intended to provide a platform for councils to share experience and learning. LACORS does not offer formal support for these discussions, although content may be monitored to ensure that the facility is not misused. Inappropriate posts may be edited or removed. Any views or opinions expressed in the discussion groups are not endorsed by LACORS.
The following rules of conduct should be observed when participating in discussions on LACORS’ website:
• Do not use any language which may be taken as bullying or threatening by other users. All posts should be in English.
• Keep posts as relevant to the subject being discussed.
• Do not post unsolicited material including any links to other sites offering or promoting other products or services.
Examples of council good practice, which have external validation and evidence of improved outcomes, are specifically labelled as ‘good practice’ on LACORS’ website. However, the website may also contain unendorsed examples. This would normally be where legislation, policy or an innovative approach are very new such that insufficient time has elapsed for emerging good practice to be verified, but where there is a clear need for information dissemination to assist in establishing good practice. Unendorsed examples are specifically labelled as ‘examples’.
If you have any comments about the information on this website, or if you identify any item that you feel should be updated, please email us at: email@example.com